How a pastor I trusted defrauded me of N918million — Atiku’s wife

                         Titi Abubakar [Photo: Nigeriafilms.com]


Titi Atiku, wife of former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, on Tuesday told an Ikeja High Court that she trusted a business partner who allegedly defrauded her of N918 million because of his status as a pastor.
 
“I thought that the first defendant, being a pastor, he will not defraud me.
 
“I thought that he was being genuine with me during our business dealings,” Mrs Abubakar said
while being cross examined in the ongoing fraud trial against a pastor, Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs, Abdulmalik Ibrahim and Dana Motors Ltd.
 
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had slammed the accused with a 15- count charge bordering on conspiracy, stealing and fraudulent conversion of property worth N918 million belonging to THA Shipping Maritime Services Ltd.
 
Amos Ibe, the defence counsel to Mr. Akpan-Jacobs, while cross examining Mrs Abubakar, questioned why she used different monikers in company documents relating to the fraud.
 
“Before I start cross examining you Ma, should I refer to you as Your Excellency?
 
“Why was the name Florence Doregos used in the petition from the EFCC which is exhibit one, as well as other fake names in documents you used to transact business with the first defendant?,” Mr. Ibe queried.
 
Replying, Titi said: “I am Her Excellency forever, it was under my instruction and direction that the petition was written.
 

Post a Comment

0 Comments