Ibe Kachikwu: I Will Resign From Buhari's Government if... (See More)

Kachikwu-531x299.jpg

Nigeria's Minister of state for Petroleum Resources Dr. Ibe Kachikwu has said that he will quit from President Buhari-led government if he fails to deliver on the promise to end fuel importation in Nigeria by 2019.

Asked by the programme anchor when Nigeria was going to be self-sufficient in terms of refining petroleum, the following conversation ensued:

Kachikwu: I have stated it, 2019 is the target.

BBC: You are running out of time because you know that we are near now.

Kachikwu: Don’t worry; I put the date, I will work it.

BBC: And if you don’t achieve it, you will walk (away)?

Kachikwu: Yes! Of course that is the reason why you are in government.

The minister said since he took office one-and-half year ago, he has been able to get the refineries back to begin to produce 7 million litres of petroleum product compared to zero previously.

“I have delivered on everything since I came to office. First, I took NNPC and moved them into a profit making organization first time in history and reshaped the organization. I removed cash call deficit of over $6bn, negotiated it. Everything that I have promised since coming into office, I have delivered. I will deliver on the refineries and I am committed to that and I will also deliver a future

Post a Comment

0 Comments